Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Haken - The Mountain (2013)
As one of my most anticipated albums of 2013, "The Mountain" largely didn't disappoint. I say largely because Haken's previous album, "Visions" was so phenomenal that I just don't feel that this one lived up to it. Of course, this is still a fantastic album with some superb songwriting, riffs, and melodies. It's just that the only track that has really grabbed my attention so far is "Cockroach King." It's so wonderfully catchy and fun that it easily competes with anything off of "Visions." The rest though will take more time to grow on me. I can't quite say they knocked it out of the park, but Haken, one of the best prog metal bands around today, still made a damn solid album that is undeniably worthy of the praise it has received.
9/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment