Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Aristocrats - Culture Clash (2013)
As one of the most talented modern jazz fusion bands out there, The Aristocrats consist of the some of the finest musicians out there including Marco Minnemann and Guthrie Govan. They and the rest of the band amazingly seem to keep improving their craft as this album demonstrates. I really liked the debut, but I think Culture Clash is clearly a better record. The compositions are tighter and catchier with a heavy dose of blues influence. Every member of the band is composing some really interesting and dynamic parts and the band as a whole sounds very tight. My favorite song is probably the title track which has already become one of my all-time favorite fusion tracks.  The rest of the songs are great as well and I'd highly recommend Culture Clash to jazz and prog fans of all types.
9/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment