Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Palms - Palms (2013)
When I first heard about the collaboration between Deftones singer Chino Moreno and several ex-Isis members, I thought it was a brilliant idea as I'm a huge fan of both bands. Even though this album might not stand up to the best of either band's discography, it's nevertheless a beautiful piece of post-rock and something these highly talented musicians should be proud of. My favorite tracks are "Future Warrior" with its simple, yet hypnotic melody that flows throughout, and "Shortwave Radio" which has a very catchy and uplifting chorus. I wish some parts of the album were developed a bit more in terms of adding in more heavy parts, yet it's understandable that the band wanted to take their sound in a somewhat different direction than of Isis. Regardless, it's an excellent album that Isis fans and post-rock fans in general should enjoy.
8.75/10

No comments:

Post a Comment