Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Lacrimas Profundere - Antiadore (2013)
It's not very often I listen to goth metal and I've heard good things about this album so why not review it. Overall, it's a pretty enjoyable listen. The singer reminds me a lot of Aaron Stainthorpe of My Dying Bride which is always a plus, and the music doesn't sound too far from Katatonia. The songs are all catchy and well-written. What drags this album down though is the lack of variety. After having heard "My Release in Pain" which is an excellent track that's very dynamic both musically and vocally, I expected the rest of the album to be along similar lines but it's not for the most part. (Perhaps some 6+ minute songs could have helped). That's not to say it's bad, but it feels like more of a grower. But definitely check this out. It's as solid a goth release as I've ever heard.
8/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment